The ICAR’s Inaugural Women in Science Roundtable
Tuesday, May 14
Hyatt Regency San Francisco, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA
Thank you to those who participated in the inaugural Women in Science session at the 26th ICAR. This successful session addressed the challenges and opportunities encountered by female scientists while navigating the twists and turns of career progression in todays’ environment.
The handouts links below follow the small groups conversations outlined below:
· Do Super-Women Exist: How to balance work and family through all life stages
· Where Do I Go From Here: Maximize the benefits from the mentor/mentee relationship (handouts)
· Negotiation: Tips on how to secure a mutually advantageous outcome without selling yourself short.
· Is There a Glass Ceiling Left to Crack: How to manage work force equality (handouts 1 - 2)
· Awards and Recognition: Are they worth it and how to get on the short list?
· Goals, Goals, Goals: Learn to self-promote effectively to achieve your professional goals
If you would like to become involved in ISAR or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.