Join us for the ICAR’s Inaugural Women in Science Roundtable
Tuesday, May 14 from 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Hyatt Regency San Francisco, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA
This session will address the challenges and opportunities encountered by female scientists while navigating the twists and turns of career progression in todays’ environment. Come talk to scientists in the industry, government and academic fields.
This roundtable will utilize the "speed dating” approach with small group conversations to address the following:
·Do Super-Women Exist: How to balance work and family through all life stages
· Where Do I Go From Here: Maximize the benefits from the mentor/mentee relationship
· Negotiation: Tips on how to secure a mutually advantageous outcome without selling yourself short.
· Is There a Glass Ceiling Left to Crack: How to manage work force equality
· Awards and Recognition: Are they worth it and how to get on the short list?
· Goals, Goals, Goals: Learn to self-promote effectively to achieve your professional goals
REGISTER TODAY!This roundtable is free to all ICAR registrants. To register, select the "Women in Science Roundtable” session under the 26thICAR Events section when you register for the Conference. Lunch will be provided.