Awards from 2013 ICAR in Sapporo Japan.
Category 1: Graduate Student
- Second Prize: Eleftherios Michailidis – Poster #87
Effect of 4’- and 2’-NNRI substitutions on the inhibition mechanism of HIV reverse transcriptase and toxicity.
- Second Prize: Annelies Stevaert – Poster #104
Evaluation of influenza virus endonuclease inhibitors by cell culture and enzymatic methods including a novel real-time fluorescence assay.
- Second Prize: Iuni Trist – Poster #107
Molecular modeling studies on DENV helicase.
- First Prize: Marcus Schroeder – Poster #42
Screening and synthesis of deoxyhypusine synthase inhibitors targeting a cellular factor needed in HIV-1 replication.
Category 2: Post Doctoral
- First Prize: Edwuin Hander Rios Morales – Poster #144
Stereoselective synthesis, antiviral activity and stability of methyl-substituted cycloSal-pronucleotides.
Category 3: Young Investigator
- First Prize: Bart Tarbet – Poster #24
Immune response to Fluzone® and Flumist® vaccines in Balb/c mice and efficacy against influenza A/CA/04/2009 (pandemic H1N1) virus challenge.